Every person is proud about his/her jewellery. In order to wear
those jewels in style it is necessary to take utmost care, for
there are chances for them to get discolored, damaged, or scratched.
Taking good care of your precious jewels and ornaments is very
easy. All it takes is a little time, whether it is gold, diamonds,
silver or pearls.
• Before wearing any jewellery, check if they are in perfect
condition, without any damages and scratches.
• Always wear jewellery after applying make-up, because
chemicals in perfumes or talc may damage your precious ornaments.
• Jewellery should not be worn while doing any hard chores,
especially if they are stone studded. They get scratched easily
and may eventually loose their original shine.
• Jewels should not come in contact with water for a prolonged
period because they may get tarnished soon.
• Remove your jewellery before bathing.
• After removing make sure to inspect your jewels for loose
parts, chipped stones, or any other damages and bring it to a
professional jeweler for immediate repair.
Always store your jewellery in a clean, dry place. The best solution
for storing your jewellery is to keep them in a jewel box.
• Always separate and store all your jewels in fabric-lined
jewellery case, or in a box with compartments.
• If you prefer to use an ordinary box, remember to wrap
each piece individually in a soft tissue paper to avoid scratches.
• Don't jumble your ornaments in a drawer or a jewellery
case, as chances are high for it to get damaged.
• Before storing your jewellery after any use, gently wipe
them clean of sweat or grease using a soft cloth.
• Remember that gold is lasting and durable but can get
scratched or dented if treated roughly.
• Gold's worst enemy is chlorine. Repeated exposure can
weaken gold's structure, eventually leading to breakage. So keep
your gold jewellery away from chlorinated waters such as swimming
pools and jacuzzis.
Silver gets oxidized over a period and develops a layer of thin
dark film as a coating. This occurs mostly in a humid environment,
but it is inevitable in any climate. If maintained properly, however,
silver jewels and silver ware improve with age and develop a lush
patina on their surface.
• Silver vessels like plates, glasses, knives or other ritual
pujaware used on a daily basis should be cleaned and taken care
• Silver jewellery should be stored in a tarnish preventive
plastic air-tight bag.
Diamond is the hardest substance known to man.
• Bridal sets in diamond, should always be worn with much
care, keeping in mind the crowd and the occasion, for they may
easily get displaced or even lost.
• Before storing diamond jewellery, check on all sides for
any loose stones. If there are any loose prongs or chipped stones,
bring them to us for a check or repair.
Good quality pearls have round smooth surface and a soft shine.
• Pearls are very soft by nature and get easily damaged
on contact with chemicals.
• Do not wear loosely strung pearls for they make break
• Keep pearl jewels wrapped in a tissue inside a cloth bag
and store in a separate jewel box.
• Have your pearls restrung once a year to maintain its
strength and durability.